Because of this, my friend was extra sweet and prepared Sicilian Pizza Kits for her friends. She prepared small bags of pre-measured flour and yeast, along with fresh pizza toppings and shared an amazing recipe and we picked them up in her driveway.
It was one of the best pizzas I have ever made! Lucky for you, she allowed me to share it with my followers. GRAZIE…THANK YOU!
Sicilian Pizza and Dough Recipe:
For Dough in a 9×13 pan: 2 cups pizza or bread flour, 1 package yeast, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 3/4 cup warm water, 2 Tbsp olive oil
For Pizza: 3 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 8 oz sliced fresh mozzarella, 6 oz. tomato sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp salt
Check out a How To Video She Created on You Tube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSHfCBTLg0
- Mix flour and salt in large bowl.
- Mix water, yeast, and sugar together in a separate bowl until dissolved.
- Add water mixture to flour mixture and knead for 5 min, or use stand mixer with bead hook.
- Lightly oil bowl and turn dough around in oil until coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise approx 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, spread in 9 x 13 sheet pan (She recommends using a 9 x 13 glass Pyrex Pan) which has been coated with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt on top of dough.
- Place fresh mozzarella slices and then tomato sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Drizzle 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil on top of pizza. Tip: Place sliced mozzarella slices on a paper towel to get some moisture out.
- Bake at 475 F for about 20-25 min. Rotate pizza half way through.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan onto cutting board and cut into 12 squares for 9 x 13 recipe.